This paper focuses on Hi Tech, SaaS and Software industry insights and best practices.
- Email is still the mostcommon and effective channel
- Webinars are effective for mid/bottom funnel conversions
- Opportunity to fully utilize MarTech tools for better ROI
- Sales-marketing alignment is a continuous journey
- Content marketing essential for long sales cycle products
Industry Best Practices
- Data quality and freshness are vital for a healthy pipeline
- Coordination between inbound and outbound channels
- Automation of event campaigns delivers performance uplift
- Account Based Marketing allows B2B marketers to target their best customers
- Uncover your customer’s pain points through journey mapping
- Lead funnel optimization is key to success
Lead Funnel Management
Top-funnel:Focus on data quality, contactacquisition / replenishment, customer journeys, engagement plan, personas and segmentation.
Mid-funnel:Lead qualification criteria, SLA,Automation Qualified Leads (AQL), Nurtureprogression, lead leakages, conversion rate.
Bottom-funnel: Funnel velocity, BANTqualification, marketing generated vs. marketing influenced leads, lead recycle nurturing.
Key Marketing Channels
EMAIL: Email is still the most effective and popular channel for tech marketing. Personalization is key.
SOCIAL: Social media is a supple-mentary channel for con-tent marketing and is effec-tive for bottom-funnel leads.
EVENTS: Events and webinars deliver high quality leads. Opportunity to further engage registrants/attendees.
SEARCH: Paid and organic search strategy needs to be aligned with the overall campaign calendar for best results.
MOBILE: Mobile is a powerful alternative to emails in certain markets. SMS and WhatsApp are popular apps.
DISPLAY: Display Ads, powered by DMP, allow marketers to reach unknown audience. Also effective for event campaigns.